Members are an important part of the co-operative.
The following people are eligible to become members of the co-operative:
- any person who can use the services and/or supports the objectives of the co-operative;
- any individual who is sixteen years of age or older, accepts cooperative principles and supports the objectives of the co-operative.
Please review the following sections and then fill out the form below to apply to be a member.
Approval for Membership
To become a member of the co-operative a person must submit a written application in a form prescribed by the board of directors and the said application must be approved by the board and recorded in the minutes.
Responsibilities of Members
Members have a duty to:
- Attend meetings and other co-operative activities.
- Express concerns and recommendations to management and the board of directors.
- Promote the principles and practices of the Core Neighbourhood Youth Co-operative.
- Elect directors and participate on committees and in other activities of the organization.
Members have direct input into the policies and direction of our organization through the election of the board of directors. Members aged 18 and older who meet the eligibility requirements outlined in the bylaws may run for a position on the board of directors.